Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Amendments

You know, every time we move I made amendments about what I need to do differently as a mother, wife and as myself. This move is no different. There are things that I want to change not only to help make things easier on myself, but also for the better of my family. Upon moving back here to Tacoma, I wanted the kids in their own bedrooms, their toys split up into their own rooms, to go back to Church and to keep my house up better (not that I don't anyways, but it can always be better). Well I accomplished a few of these with this move, but with us moving again I find myself thinking about what we need to do differently at our new place. Each move is like a new beginning and for this new beginning I am finding myself focusing more on being a better wife to my husband and better to myself. As I have been working on getting the house ready for the movers to come pack up our things, one thing that I have noticed, is that I suck at dusting! Lol. Thinking back to the six months that I have been living here I honestly can't remember dusting... YIKES! So, one of my many amendments for the new place is a better cleaning schedule, to include the tedious job of dusting... Some other points that are in progress of amending with our new beginning is below:
~ An important part of maintaining a healthy relationship with your spouse is to continue to date them, something Mat and I have not been doing. So, the first and most important amendment is for us to get back to the root of things, to start dating each other once again! :)
~ Keeping those dust bunnies under control... ugh
~ Continuing to teach my children the importance of faith and keeping ourselves close to God. While this is something that I am very focused on, there is ALWAYS room for improvement!
~ My own health and the health of my family. Making sure that we continue to eat right, stay active... and more for me... a regular exercise routine... it is important that I be a good example for my children. If I expect them to live healthy lives, I need to show them the right path
While there are several other things that I want to make sure we amend when we move these are just a few of them. No matter how together we think we have it, there is always room to make improvements for us and our families.

No comments: