Friday, November 21, 2008

+Our New Home+

Well, we finally made it!!! Ft. Irwin, California is our official new home! We made it into housing relatively fast! We stayed with our sponsor and his wife for a week, then we were into our house (I might add that our sponsor is also my husband's best friend! :) ).
Our new place is incredible! And not only for on base housing, but it is awesome in general!!! We have a stand alone house, which means that we are not connected to ANYONE else! It is our very own house! It is 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath, fenced in back yard, garage, covered patio... and lots of storage space!!!! Our living room is HUGE!!!! There is a separate dining room. I mean it is just incredible! Once I finally find our camera (it is mixed in with all of the boxes... ) I will post some pics. So needless to say, I am LOVING our new base! I have already met most of the wives from the JAG office, they seem really nice! I think that the next 3 years are going to be great!
Also, on a major side note... My little girl started Kindergarten yesterday!!! I can't believe that it is that time already! I am pretty sure that it was just yesterday when the doctor was telling me that I was pregnant with her... yikes! She LOVES her new teacher and really likes the fact that mommy makes her lunch for her to take to school.
We also promised the kids that once we got our new place to live that they could have a puppy... that's right folks... we went to the vet clinic here on base and adopted a puppy. She is an adorable one year old mutt! She is very child friendly. I mean Jacob has yanked on her tail like there is no tomorrow and she has not even shown her teeth, let alone growled at him!
So, once again life is hectic in the Oeder household, but we are getting everything taken care of one day at a time...

1 comment:

Tim and Lisa said...

Sounds like you guys are loving it. No more rain, no more gun shots outside, a real home. We are so happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures!